Purpose of La Habra Heights Parks and Recreation Commission
The City of La Habra Heights Park and Recreation Commission was created on August 10, 1995. Prior to that, it was referred to as a “Committee.” The Parks and Recreation Commission consists of five members appointed by the La Habra Heights City Council. Three alternates also serve on the Commission. The Commissioners serve for a two year term.
La Habra Heights, CA 90631.
First Wednesday of each month at 7:30 pm
Powers and Duties
The Parks and Recreation Commission has the power and duty to:
– Advise the La Habra Heights City Council in all matters pertaining to parks, community recreation, parkways and street trees.
– Consider uses and activities for continuing use of The Park and The Park building.
– Consider ways to develop The Park and The Park building, accommodate individuals and groups, and make recommendations to the City Council and City Manager.
– Make budgetary recommendations to the City Council and City Manager related to Parks and Recreation.
– Assist in planning and promotion of Parks and Recreation related activities and events.
– Performs duties as set forth in Ordinance No. 201 and other related resolutions.